Thursday, May 26, 2011

In Honor of the Fallen

It has been a few days since I last posted anything here but I have been otherwise occupied.  The town I grew up in and which is still called home to many of my family and friends was hit by an EF-5 tornado on Sunday May 22, 2011.  125 people have lost their lives so far in Joplin, Missouri and many are still missing.  It has been a heart-wrenching 5 days waiting to hear from my loved ones that were missing after the storm.  Thankfully all my dear ones are accounted for and unhurt but many of them have lost everything and it seems a silly time to be talking about healthy eating and organic farming. 

Times like this, however, have reminded us all the important things in life and how special are the people in our lives.  Which makes me ponder on what Americans have been putting into their bodies - those processed things that have been qualified as food for the last 50 years.  When so many lives can be taken away in a matter of minutes by an uncontrollable Mother Nature, why do we not do everything we can to keep our loved ones healthy and with us for as long as possible?  This is my plea that we do everything we can to keep our friends and family happy and healthy with things we can control (i.e. organic non-processed food, exercise, comfort and support) and to make each day a celebration of those people that we love and enjoy the time we have with them!

If you have not yet lent your physical or monetary efforts for the devastation in Joplin, Missouri, please consider doing so.  Pay it forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment